It’s probably no surprise this recipe features avocado – especially since most recipes on WW are either based on avocado, salmon, or shrimp. Admittedly, I haven’t posted a recipe since January but it doesn’t mean I haven’t been indulging in culinary delights. To be honest, I’ve probably been relishing food a little bit too much. I’ve been eating the wrong foods for awhile. *Face Palm* It’s taken me 6 months to get out of the Christmas rut. I know, I know, it’s ridiculous. *Face Palm again* Anyway, I’m back at my morning spin classes and eating healthy again, so in a few weeks I’ll be back to trim.
Speaking of getting back on track, I’ve been falling in love with avocado all over again with this quick and tasty recipe. Have a taste and let me know what you think.
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 ripe avocado
1 cup cooked quinoa
½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
½ red pepper, chopped
¼ cup red onion, diced
¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
Juice of one lime
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp agave nectar (or your favorite sweetener)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut avocado in half, remove the seed and scoop out a small amount of flesh (being careful to keep each half whole).
2. Toss quinoa, black beans, red pepper, red onion, and fresh coriander into a medium sized bowl.
3. Get a small bowl, and whisk together dressing ingredients.
4. Throw in the quinoa mixture with the dressing until well coated.
5. Fill each avocado half with the quinoa mixture and serve immediately.