Good morning! We’re into the second month of autumn with nights getting darker, trees changing colour and temperatures dropping. Although summer will be sorely missed, this is a perfect opportunity to enjoy drinking hot cocoa and eating heart-warming food. We all deserve a sweet treat (after all, we’re mourning summer right) so I thought this recipe would be a perfect way of using autumnal recipes whilst updating a classic. Welcome October in the best possible fashion.
Ingredients Brioche bread (sliced about 1- 1/2 inches thick) 4 eggs 1/2 cup pumpkin butter (you can make your own or buy ready made) 1 cup milk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice 2 tablespoons salted butter 1/2 cup pumpkin cream cheese Maple syrup
1. Slice up the bread into thick cuts; it’s best when stale – between a day or two old.
2. In a large bowl whisk thoroughly the eggs, cinnamon, pumpkin butter, vanilla and pumpkin spice with milk
3. Dip for 30 seconds on each side whilst heating up a pan/skillet with some salted butter
4. Toast for three – four minutes on each side over a medium high heat until each side is slightly browned and the egg has set. All done! Now serve with some maple syrup and pumpkin cream cheese
5. Add some pumpkin butter to cream cheese and flavour with cinnamon, ground ginger, and peacans)